Welcome to EDYCS Epilepsy Group
Epilepsy is among the most serious brain disorder with a prevalence rate of about 2% of the population of the Republic of Mauritius.
It is estimated that around 24 000 people in Mauritius including Rodrigues are epilepsy sufferers.
EDYCS Epilepsy Group is a volunteer non-Governmental organization formed in 1997 by a group of volunteers, patients with epilepsy and health care professionals, whose aims are to assist people with epilepsy through advocacy, access to quality health care.
Read the President's message
News & Events
05 Dec 2010
8th International Congress 'Medicine Interne de l'Océan Indien' - 'Neurology Epilepsy' under the aegis of the International Family Doctors Association, Venue Le Meridien Hotel. Speakers Dr. K. Jagatpal & Y. Noormamode.
27-29 Nov 2010
Residential Program for epilepsy teens at Villa Gunge, Mont Choisy sponsored by CSR funding.
Priorities for 2011
- Promoting ICT program through the setup of a computer lab at EDYCS Help to Grow Educational & Rehabilitation Center
- Promoting Children and Adolescents with epilepsy multi sensor skills through reading, painting, music and exercising at EDYCS Help to Grow Educational Center
- Promoting Epilepsy First Aid addressing Teachers Pre-Primary and Primary Schools in the Republic of Mauritius including Rodrigues
- Promoting Mental Health Awareness in Mauritius and Rodrigues island in collaboration with the Mental Health Federation
- Practical tools for aiding epilepsy management in patients with epilepsy through care, community awareness, education and empowerment
- Strengthening learning in children and adolescents with epilepsy at EDYCS Help to Grow Educational & Rehabilitation Center
- Opening an Educational Center for children and ados with epilepsy in Rodrigues island
- Prises en charge des épilepsies aux pratiques des exercises physiques, le traitement complémentaire et l'utilisation des outils protecteurs lors des crises